Covid Beat’n Video Contest
Rules and Regulations
International Entries: click INTERNATIONAL under Contest Menu to complete entry form
Canadian Entries: click CANADA under Contest Menu to complete entry form
ELIGIBILITY: OPEN WORLDWIDE
The multiple pregnant
Multiple birth families
Multiple birth individuals: twins, triplets … octuplets
Caregivers of multiple births
TKOFCD (Trebi Kuma Ollennu Foundation for Community Development) and Twinfest Edmonton board members, volunteers, and family members are not allowed to participate in the contest. The judges and judge’s family members are not allowed to participate in the contest or help contestants in any way.
2. All entries must be a digital video: drama, comedy, documentary, music video, stop-motion, animation — the choice is yours!
3. Each entry must focus on the title COVID BEAT’N VIDEO CONTEST and theme “You’ve lived through the pandemic till now. Restrictions & all! Now show us what you experienced and creative ways you're beating it!
4. The length of the video should be between one (1) minute and three (2) minutes, not including the 10-second title screen. (THERE IS A PENALTY FOR BEING OVER THE TIME LIMIT)
5. All entries should begin with a 10-second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information: · Title of video · Name of Lead Producer · Crew list: Names of others in your group (if any) and each persons’ job. · Total running time (not including the 10-second title screen)
6. All entries must be your (or your family/group’s) original work not previously submitted for contests or won awards.
7. Each video must have one Lead Producer to serve as the main point of contact. Recognition and prizes will be given to the lead producer and all those (if any) listed as co-producers on the entry form.
8. There is no entry fee.
9. SUBMISSION DATE: Submissions are due on May 15, 2021. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED after May 15, 2021.
10. No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
11. No professional assistance is allowed.
12. All portions of the online entry form must be completed for your entry to be eligible.
13. CONTENT: Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and Canada.
14. CONTENT MUST NOT: 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; 6) contain any situations which expose any persons appearing in the video to physical injury; or 7) contain violence, nudity, obscenity, profanity, or be otherwise inappropriate nor show TKOFCD and Twinfest Edmonton in a way that could lead to public disrespect, shame, or ridicule as determined by the organisers.
15. JUDGING: The judges’ decision is final. Eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges will select the winners based on: 1) originality; 2) creativity; and 3) representation of the theme “You survived Covid-19! Now show us what you experienced and creative ways you beat it!”. The judges will select one entry to win the Grand Prize, and two additional prizes and all decisions are final.
16. COMPENSATION: The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. TKOFCD WILL NOT PAY filmmakers any additional compensation nor be liable to the video maker under any circumstances.
17. WINNER SELECTION/PRIZE AWARDING: The winners will be notified by email on or before May 28-29, 2021 at the Twinfest Edmonton National Multiple Births Awareness Day Event. Entries must be submitted by completing the form COVID BEAT’N VIDEO CONTEST INTERNATIONAL for those outside Canada, and COVID BEAT’N VIDEO CONTEST CANADA for those in Canada on Twinfest Edmonton website:
18. Winners agree that receiving a prize grants TKOFCD and Twinfest Edmonton the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use in any media now known or later developed at any time, the winner’s/group’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertisement, publicity, and other communications without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
19. CASH PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $500 cash, second place: $300 and third place $200.
20. All entries upon submission, TKOFCD and Twinfest Edmonton obtain universal license to use, copy, modify or make derivative works, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete, edit, or display such submission, or any portion thereof into perpetuity on any media known and unknown.
21. Entrants should keep at least one copy of their video. TKOFCD and Twinfest Edmonton are not responsible for any video clips that are lost, damaged, or that do not upload properly. All entries will be acknowledged. If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your submission, then a resend will be required.
22. All entrants agree to hold TKOFCD and Twinfest Edmonton and all their employees, and their agents harmless against any and all claims and/or liability.
23. Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules, guidelines and decisions of the judges.
24. TKOFCD and Twinfest Edmonton reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Contest and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination if for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes beyond the control of TKOFCD and Twinfest Edmonton.